On April 9th, 1941 the North Bend Theatre opened its doors. It has continued operating as an independent movie theater since that day. On October 1, 1999, the Slover family took over and the theatre underwent a major renovation. Every part of the building was improved without sacrificing the distinctive character of this 1941 Art Deco theatre. The theatre reopened in December 1999. It is now owned and operated by the Walker family, who took over in May of 2006.